Thursday, August 2, 2012

Football Friday Nite is coming Soon!

Tonight was Liberty High School's first pre-season football scrimmage.  Normally, I like to come straight home from work and never leave the house.  But today, I was really looking forward to going to the game (even if it was just a scrimmage).  I was and still am excited about the upcoming high school football season.

My son start's his 9th grade year later this month and he'll play for the JV team.  Watching my son play is not the only reason why I'm excited to see football ramp up. In high school, one of my favorite events was  Friday Night Football at the home field.  You know, I have almost completely forgotten how much fun those nights were until last year, when my oldest daughter started attending LHS.  I can't explain why I enjoyed it so much - it may be the feeling of belonging with the home town crowd, the excitement from the cheers and jeers as the ball moves down the field, the thrill from watching a once losing team start the season with a winning streak, the deep fried snickers and boiled peanuts, or maybe it was all of this mixed together.

All I know is that Friday Night Football is almost here, and I can't wait.

Vidal

No comments:

Post a Comment